ADDITIONAL CANCELLATION OF ALL ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS THROUGH APRIL 17
More details will be available on these changes and online Easter opportunities later this week.
UPDATE: March 17, 2020
Important Schedule Changes for March 17 - April 1
We are so thankful that we were able to gather this past Sunday to worship the Lord together. Since the update we provided last week on our coronavirus response and since we last met together, the situation has drastically changed. The virus continues to spread, even in our city. We see business, schools, and other institutions taking radical steps to try to slow the spread of this virus. We have government leaders at both the local and national levels requesting radical changes in schedules be made to help slow the spread of this pandemic. In light of the ever changing situation, Gateway is going to adjust our plans going forward. Please carefully note these changes...
NO SUNDAY BIBLE STUDY GROUPS & WORSHIP SERVICES
Sundays - March 22 & March 29
NO WEDNESDAY EVENING ACTIVITIES
Wednesdays – March 18, March 25, & April 1
NO OTHER ON-CAMPUS ACTIVITIES
March 17 to April 4
BUT THE CHURCH IS NOT CLOSING
While we are not gathering at 3300 Bell Road for this period, Gateway is not “closing.” Our mission to love God and love people remains unchanged. Our priorities of focusing on the Gospel, community with one another, and living on mission remain unchanged.
So how will we do that?
- Church leadership will be reaching out to you over the next two weeks to check in with each member family and pray with you. If you have needs during this season, please let the person calling know as we will mobilize others in the body to help meet your needs.
- On both Sunday mornings we will provide a message from Grady for you to watch or listen to, along with questions for your reflection. Even though we cannot be together in the same building, we will still get to study God’s Word together! Check your email, the blog, or our social media feeds on each Sunday morning for links to that week's message. We will pause our study of James for these weeks and look instead at passages that deal with our response to the trials we currently face.
- For parents, on the three Wednesdays we will provide you a lesson overview of what your child would be learning at Gateway and an activity sheet you can print for them. Check your email and the blog for those resources each Wednesday so you can continue the Gospel Project for Kids study with your children.
- We want you to take initiative in reaching out to one another. It is so easy to text, call, and write letters to one another during this time. Would you seek each day to contact someone else in the church body for the sake of community? Remember, the Gateway Connect online directory for members makes it easy to communicate with one another.
- Church staff will continue to be accessible to you during this time. We all continue to regularly check our email (which you can find on the staff page), and our phone numbers are available to you in the Gateway Connect directory as well if you need something more immediately.
LET’S CONTINUE TO PRAY
- Pray for God to be merciful to us
Psalm 30:10 ~ Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper!
- Pray for wisdom for each of us to know how to respond
James 1:5 ~ If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- Pray that we would have peace and not be anxious
Philippians 4:6-7 ~ Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Pray that we would intentionally pursue communication with one another to encourage one another
Hebrews 10:24 ~ And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works
- Pray that we would be ready to give an answer for the hope we have in Christ even in this crisis
1 Peter 3:15 ~ But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect
- Pray that as people realize how frail life is, we will be found faithful to share the hope of Christ with non-believers around us
1 Peter 2:9 ~ But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- Pray that soon we will be able to gather together again in person, and that we eagerly will await this opportunity
1 Thessalonians 2:17 ~ But since we were torn away from you, brothers, for a short time, in person not in heart, we endeavored the more eagerly and with great desire to see you face to face
~ Pastor Grady