Gateway to the World Missions
- India Child Sponsorship (ICS) – 60 children in the homes of Bal Vikas Kendra in North India with 180 left to be sponsored. Find out more at http://www.indiachildsponsorship.org/.
- Church Planters – we directly support seven indigenous church planters in Northern India who work in both urban and mountainous tribal areas among Indians and Nepalese to bring the gospel to unreached peoples.
- Community Development Projects – we work with multiple indigenous ministries through funding various development projects in the areas of clean water, rural health care, emergency relief, education, microenterprise, and care for the oppressed and abused.
- AGAPE Schools Scholarship Program – we are developing a program to extend the education of promising students in a rural village school near Rishikesh, India so that they can further help influence the future of India.
- Orphan Care – working with multiple children’s homes, we provide physical and spiritual support as well as education for children who are abandoned or orphaned in the hills of North India. This ministry is a foundational way that the love of Christ and the gospel can be shared.
- Uttarakhand Christian Network (UCN) – we have initiated a network of holistic ministries that has now provided training for almost 300 Christian workers through training conferences. These workers are doing evangelistic and holistic ministry work in three states in North India among the Hindus, Sikhs, and Muslims of this area. We support the training conferences and strategic initiatives financially.
- Future Support of Missionaries – there is a need for us to support a missionary couple as they return to India to work with the UCN as missionary strategists and in their development of funding streams from churches in the United States. Some of our previous support could possibly need to be shifted to them so that we can better leverage their involvement.
- We support the work in India through a percentage of the funds given to Gateway’s budget as well as any special offerings.
- Andrew and his wife Debbie and their children are missionaries to the fringes of society among emerging generations and church expressions. The Jones’ work in multiple countries per year helping to initiate Kingdom expressions of church while also providing training on missional ministry to church planters involved in organic, simple expressions of church. Andrew blogs at http://tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com and is an extremely influential voice in the global church. He is a missionary through our nonprofit, Community Development Initiatives (CDI) and can be supported through our monthly missions offering and gifts to CDI – http://communitydevelopmentinitiatives.org.
After School Tutoring Program
- This program is on Wednesday afternoons in conjunction with Brewbaker Elementary. The target age is 3rd and 4th grade and we have 10-15 students. We need volunteers for tutoring, recreation, and mentoring.
- This Deacon Ministry ministers with tangible help and support to the poor and needy of our community. We engage in a great deal of financial help as well as counseling for people in need. You can give to this ministry by giving gifts to Benevolence at Gateway.
Other Ministries: Gateway is also partnering with Shepherd’s Staff (foster care) and New Beginnings (education) this year in various capacities. We also have several large outreaches per year, such as our Fall Festival that attracted around 700 people last year.